Friday, July 4, 2008

Memorial Weekend

Our weekend was packed! Saturday morning Eli and I went into Gainesville to meet up with Ericka and the kids @ Olan Mills. She had a coupon (we got a great deal) and thought the pictures would be a nice gift for Father's Day. Everyone was happy and the pictures turned out really nice-I picked mine apart, but you are your worst critic right? The pictures came in the week before Dad's Day and everyone loved their pictures. JP left when we did to pick-up Cody and head to the nursery. He had the Ranger packed full of plants and he had almost all of them planted once we got home. They look great and a special thank you to Cody for helping us out-I will post some pics of the end result, minus the mulch...we will be getting that later. I also had a break-down that afternoon....I struggled all week to keep up with what Eli needed on a day to day basis and had no more emergency bags (of breast milk) in the freezer. But I pumped day and night and seemed to have overcome....well I though so! Then I realized that I didn't put Friday's milk in the frig when I got home, 11 ounces-by then it had been out 24 hours! If I could of beat myself up I would have, I couldn't believe it! So I spent the rest of the weekend pumping and pumping and pumping-not what I had in mind for a holiday weekend, but you do what you gotta do! By Tuesday I still didn't have enough and had to supplement, not the end of the world and Eli survived-though he was quite fussy the morning after. Anyway, I haven't had to send any more since. =)
Eli had his first trip to the river, the Suwannee. He wasn't in the best mood, which is pretty rare, because he wasn't feeling well. He had just started cereal the week prior to and his system was still trying to adjust-without going into detail he felt better later that afternoon and his mood changed almost immediately! =) LOL We put in at Branford and then went to the cabin and met up with Cody, Holly, Emma, Shawn, Tracy, Billy, Lorita, Bobby and his boys-though it was a bit hectic having a cranky 5 month-old at the river, we had a good time.
Here are some pics, more to come from Holly's camera....


No comments: